During anaerobic digestion or degradation of organic material, in the absence of oxygen, is decomposed by bacteria producing Biogas. Biogas is a mixture of mainly CO2 and CH4 with trace amounts of nitrogen, oxygen, H2S and H2O. The biogas has multiple commercial applications, such as vehicle fuel or R-CNG (Renewable Compressed Natural Gas), injection into the gas distribution grid as RNG (Renewable Natural Gas), conversion of gas to syngas or hydrogen, etc. Biogas needs to be treated before the final product is delivered to the consumer.
GENERON biogas upgrading system separates gaseous components produced by various digestion processes; such as agricultural, municipal wastewater, landfill, MSW, and other non-agricultural digestion processes. The GENERON system upgrades raw biogas through the efficient removal of CO2, H2S, water vapor and other trace gases to produce clean dry pipeline quality Renewable Natural Gas (RNG, also known as biomethane). The system integrates between the digestion process and the gas consumer, which can be a commodity natural gas pipeline, vehicle CNG fueling stations, fuel cells and other combined heat & power (CHP) systems.
The GENERON® Advantage
- Extensive Experience – custom designed skids
- One-Stop Equipment Shop Solution – ability to package complete solutions
- State-of-the-art Membrane – high recoveries
- Simple Solution – minimal maintenance, no moving parts
- Remote Operation – minimal attention required, fully automated systems
- Minimal Losses – low HC losses
- No Chemicals – environmentally friendly
- Small Footprint – easily meet footprint requirements
GENERON® Membrane Systems are used to reduce the CO2 and improve the heating value of the gas. The customized biogas membrane systems are manufactured in our ISO 9000 Certified facilities in Houston, TX, while the membranes are manufactured in our Pittsburg, CA, facility. The systems can be packaged to meet customer requirements of reducing or removing the H2S, oxygen and water content. If required, GENERON offers compressor packages for biogas systems.
GENERON® membranes have the highest CO2/CH4 selectivity available and superior technology for upgrading raw biogas within a flexible, modular system that is easy to operate at a low investment cost. High selectivity ensures the production of high quality biomethane with limited methane slip, resulting in >97% methane recovery.
In a typical GENERON® Biogas Membrane System the feed gas is filtered to remove any entrained aerosols and liquids. The gas then enters the GENERON® Membranes and carbon dioxide (CO2) permeate through the membrane. The non-permeated gas, mainly CH4, remains at inlet pressure and is the product gas.
Biogas is generated by the digestion process as a mixture of methane, CO2, and other secondary components; and is compressed to 5-20 barg and pre-treated with particulate and coalescing filters, and upgraded to biomethane and a CO2-rich waste gas flow using several membrane stages.
GENERON offers its fabrication and manufacturing facilities for customers to package individual systems. This provides the customers a solution via a one-stop shop, where GENERON fabricates customized skids for all components necessary. This may include, dehydration skids, blower skids, compression skids, control panels, etc.
- Very low feed gas pressures down to – H2O, 15″
- 50% vol CO2 in feed
- <2% CO2 content in product
- 98% recovery of methane gas
- 98% removal of CO2
- Flow rates up to 50 MMSCFD
- Designed for remote unmanned operation
- Modular design and can be upgraded by addition of membranes.
- Efficient packaging minimizes space and weight – ideal for high real state value and/or near cities applications
- Custom designed systems – maximize total hydrocarbon recovery
- System flexibility – can operate at wide range of flow rates and CO2 content, this helps in gas spikes from the digester
- Quick deployment & quick Installation – skidded system can be installed in hours
- Due to our custom designs, GENERON can adapt for indoor and outdoor installations
CO2 Removal System with a Compressor
RELATED GENERON® PRODUCTS:
- PSA, VPSA systems.
- Instrument Air Packages.
- Air and Gas Compression Packages.
- Air and Gas Blowers Packages.
- Vacuum Gas Blower and Compressor Packages.
- H2S Adsorber Vessel System with lead-lad design.
- Dehydration packages using chillers and heat exchangers.
- Fabrication of customized skids
- Electrical box and control panels, Class 1 Div 2, ATEX, etc.
- On-site oilfield services – operating personnel and rental equipment
- Anaerobic Digester Methane Recovery
- Coal Mine Methane Recovery
- Compressed Gas Vehicle Fuel Sub-systems
- Helium Recovery
- Landfill Gas (Methane) Recovery
- Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) Pre-Treatment
- Siloxane Removal for Electricity Generation
- Vapor Recovery Units
- Waste Water Treatment Plant Methane Recovery
- Wellhead Natural Gas Purification