Carbon Dioxide, CO2 Separation
Carbon Dioxide, CO2, is commonly found in natural gas. In order to meet pipeline specifications or other application specific requirements, CO2 separation is necessary. In addition, there may also be H2S and H2O present that needs to be removed. CO2 separation membranes have been widely used for CO2 removal applications and come with the added benefit of removing H2S and H2O as well.
GENERON‘s CO2 removal membrane systems offer some of the highest hydrocarbon recoveries achievable (with membranes) due to our high (CO2 / CH4) selectivity membrane. The customized CO2 removal membrane systems are fabricated at our Houston, Texas facility while the membranes are fabricated at our Pittsburg, California facility.
GENERON works directly with the client to provide the most efficient and most cost effective solution.
The GENERON® Advantage
- Extensive Experience – custom designed skids
- State-of-the-art Membrane – high recoveries
- Simple Solution – no moving parts, minimal maintenance
- Remote Operation – Minimal attention required, fully automated systems
- Minimal Losses – low HC losses
- No Chemicals – environmentally friendly
- Small Footprint – easily meet footprint requirements
In a typical GENERON® CO2 removal membrane system, the feed gas is first filtered to remove any entrained liquids and aerosols. The gas then enters the GENERON® membrane filters. The CO2 as well as the H2S and H2O permeate preferably through the membrane. The non-permeated gas, mainly CH4, remains at pressure and is the product gas.
- Feed gas pressures up to 1,000 psig (69 barg)
- > 60 vol% CO2 in feed
- < 2% CO2 content in product
- > 95% recovery of hydrocarbon gas
- > 95% removal of CO2
- Flow rates from 0.01 to 500 MMscfd