GENERON Custom Packaged Systems separates and/or remove landfill gas components, (CO2, CH4, N2, O2, siloxanes, H2S, VOC’s and water) to meet client specifications. Landfill gas is generated by naturally occurring degradation of organic materials at landfill sites. The GENERON CO2 Removal System upgrades the pre-treated landfill gas through the efficient removal of CO2, water vapor, and other trace gases to produce clean, dry, pipeline quality Renewable Natural Gas (RNG). Typical landfill gas applications include pipeline injection, vehicle CNG fueling stations, fuel cells, and other combined heat & power (CHP) systems.
GENERON® membranes have the highest CO2/CH4 selectivity available and are a superior technology for upgrading landfill gas within a flexible, modular system that is easy to operate at a low investment cost. High selectivity ensures the production of high quality gas with limited methane slip, resulting in >98% methane recovery.
The GENERON® Advantage
- Extensive Experience – custom designed skids
- One-Stop Equipment Shop Solution – ability to package complete solutions
- State-of-the-art Membrane – high recoveries
- Simple Solution – minimal maintenance, no moving parts
- Remote Operation – minimal attention required, fully automated systems
- Minimal Losses – low HC losses
- No Chemicals – environmentally friendly
- Small Footprint – easily meet footprint requirements
GENERON® Membrane Systems are used to reduce the CO2 and improve the heating value of the gas. The customized landfill gas membrane systems are manufactured in our ISO 9000 Certified facilities in Houston, TX, while the membranes are manufactured in our Pittsburg, CA, facility. The systems can be packaged to meet customer requirements of reducing or removing the N2, O2, Siloxanes, H2S, VOC’s and water content. If required, GENERON offers compressor packages for landfill gas systems.
In a typical GENERON® Landfill Membrane System the feed gas is filtered to remove any entrained aerosols and liquids. The gas then enters the GENERON® membranes and carbon dioxide (CO2) as well as any hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and water (H2O) permeate through the membrane. The non-permeated gas, mainly CH4, remains at inlet pressure and is the product gas.
GENERON offers its fabrication and manufacturing facilities for customers to package individual systems. This provides the customers a solution via a one-stop shop, where GENERON fabricates customized skids for all components necessary. This may include, dehydration skids, blower skids, compression skids, control panels, etc.
RELATED GENERON® PRODUCTS:
- PSA, VPSA systems.
- Instrument Air Packages.
- Air and Gas Compression Packages.
- Air and Gas Blowers Packages.
- Vacuum Gas Blower and Compressor Packages.
- H2S Adsorber Vessel System with lead-lad design.
- Dehydration packages using chillers and heat exchangers.
- Fabrication of customized skids
- Electrical box and control panels, Class 1 Div 2, ATEX, etc.
- On-site oilfield services – operating personnel and rental equipment
- Very low feed gas pressures down to -100″ H2O
- 60% vol CO2 in feed
- <2% CO2 content in product
- 98% recovery of methane gas
- 98% removal of CO2
- Flow rates up to 50 MMSCFD
- Designed for remote unmanned operation
- Modular design and can be upgraded by addition of Membranes.
- Efficient packaging minimizes space and weight – ideal for high real state value and/or near cities applications
- Custom designed systems – maximize total hydrocarbon recovery
- System flexibility – Can operate at wide range of flow rates and CO2 content, this helps in gas spikes from the landfill
- Quick deployment & quick Installation – skidded system can be installed in hours
- Due to our custom designs, GENERON can adapt for indoor and outdoor installations
Whether your methane business is in Landfill gas or Biogas, GENERON has a solution for you. We have over 50 years of experience developing gas processing equipment, currently in use in the following applications:
- Anaerobic Digester Methane Recovery
- Biomethane Upgrade
- Waste Water Treatment Plants (WWTP) Methane Recovery
- Compressed Gas Vehicle Fuel Sub-systems
- Landfill Gas (Methane) Recovery
- Siloxane Removal for Electricity Generation