GENERON biogas upgrading system separates gaseous components produced by various digestion processes; such as agricultural, municipal wastewater, landfill, MSW, and other non-agricultural digestion processes. The GENERON system upgrades raw biogas through the efficient removal of CO2, H2S, water vapor and other trace gases to produce clean dry pipeline quality Renewable Natural Gas (RNG, also known as biomethane). The system integrates between the digestion process and the gas consumer, which can be a commodity natural gas pipeline, vehicle CNG fueling stations, fuel cells and other combined heat & power (CHP) systems.
GENERON® membranes have the highest CO2/CH4 selectivity available and superior technology for upgrading raw biogas within a flexible, modular system that is easy to operate at a low investment cost. High selectivity ensures the production of high quality biomethane with limited methane slip, resulting in >95% methane recovery.
The GENERON® Advantage
- Extensive Experience – custom designed skids
- State-of-the-art Membrane – high recoveries
- Simple Solution – no moving parts, minimal maintenance
- Remote Operation – Minimal attention required, fully automated systems
- Minimal Losses – low HC losses
- No Chemicals – environmentally friendly
- Small Footprint – easily meet footprint requirements
Biogas is generated by the digestion process as a mixture of methane, CO2, and other secondary components; and is compressed to 5-20 barg and pre-treated with particulate and coalescing filters, and upgraded to biomethane and a CO2-rich waste gas flow using several membrane stages.
Whether your methane business is in Biogas or in Natural Gas, GENERON has a solution for you. We have over 40 years of experience developing natural gas and biogas processing equipment, currently in use in the following markets:
- Anaerobic Digester Methane Recovery
- Coal Mine Methane Recovery
- Compressed Gas Vehicle Fuel Sub-systems
- Helium Recovery
- Landfill Gas (Methane) Recovery
- Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) Pre-Treatment
- Siloxane Removal for Electricity Generation
- Vapor Recovery Units
- Waste Water Treatment Plant Methane Recovery
- Wellhead Natural Gas Purification